Friday, 19 July 2013

NOteworthy Thought of the Month from Richard & Andrea


   

 
JULY 2013 |  from Go for No!
NOteworthy Thought of the Month 

"Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end.  What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind." - Henry Miller
This Month's Trivia Question

During the filming of "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" Arnold Schwarzenegger was paid quite well for each word he spoke. Can you guess how  many words and at what rate? Think you kNOw...  find out below!
This Month's NOtivational Article

One of These Days Is Nowby Richard Fenton

You are dying. Heck of a way to start an article.  But it's true. You are dying. We all are.

It's one of the things that we all have in common: as human beings we are all in the process of becoming human non-beings.
There's another thing we all have in common, though, which is our desire to DO WHAT WE WANT and to experience a sense of meaning and fulfillment and wonder.  At a minimum we want to have some fun!

But what do we do with most of the precious moments we've been given between the 'now' (in this case, the moment you are reading this) and 'the end'? The answer is usually the same...
We dream.  We plan.  We scheme.  We.  Wait.

And what, exactly, are we waiting for? For 'one of these days' to come along. Right?

A few years ago, I was sitting on a plane, returning from a speaking engagement, when I noticed the man next to me slip his finger in his coffee.  You see, he was blind. And he was testing to see the fluid level so he knew how much cream to add.  Eventually we got to talking and I soon learned that he was on the final leg of a return trip from Paris.

"What took you to Paris?" I asked, expecting the typical "my job" or "vacation" response.   His answer was not what I expected, and has haunted me ever since.

He said...  "My dream, for as long as I can remember, was to go see the Eiffel Tower. Then, one day, I woke up... opened my eyes... and there was, nothing.  Just blackness. I was blind. I expected the doctors to tell me this kind of thing happened to people all the time, and that it was temporary - they could cure me.  That's not what happened.  It didn't happen to people all the time; in fact, it was extremely rare.  And it wasn't temporary, they couldn't cure me, and it was forever." 

And then he added, "So, as soon as I learned to read Braille and get around on my own, I bought a ticket to Paris. I figured, 'I waited too long to ever see the Eiffel Tower... I was damned if I was going to wait too long to at least go touch it."

I sat there, on that plane... tears streaming down my face... vowing to myself to stop putting off the things I've wanted to do most.

Whatever you 'Eiffel Tower' is, it's waiting.  It's waiting for you.
'One of These Days' is Now.

Go for No!® News

Go for No! reached 200 5-star reviews on Amazon!  Andrea was also interviewed for a short article in INC. Magazine called, 4 Reasons You Should Love Hearing No! 

Hope you're having a great summer, we are doing a two-week driving trip to Upstate NY for a family reunion and some 'out of office' writing time.

Are you on facebook? We'd love to have you visit our page and get daily NOtivation...www.facebook.com/Goforno  Are you on twitter? Chat up Andrea anytime atwww.twitter.com/Goforno  Are you doing the pinterest thing yet? Fun!www.pinterest.com/Goforno/ Just added... Instagram: http://instagram.com/goforno
NOtable Quotables from the Go for No! Movie

"If I was going to go back and give myself advice, I'd say: Stop looking for validation from other people. Get your validation from yourself. Know what your highest purpose is; what you want to do and you work on you and don't worry about the outside people, the outside factors." - Randy Gage
Richard & Andrea Recommend...

... A Summer Special! Our kindle book, The Fear Factory is just $2.99 (down from $9.99) for the balance of July! Written in a 'Go for No! style' fable, the story features account exec Steven Traynor on his way to an important meeting and getting stuck in the elevator. Once out, he's no longer in the same building as before. Instead, he's in The Fear Factory... the company whose business it is to manufacture fear and sell it to the general public. The tour is fascinaing, but the problem is... getting out. To take advantage of the special offer or learn more: Click here.  
This Month's Trivia Answer

Schwarzenegger was paid $15 million for his role which given the 700 words he spoke in the film, averaged out to $21,429 per word!  

Spread the Word!

Thank you for subscribing! We do not sell, rent, or give out your email address... ever! Please forward this ezine to your friends and colleagues! If you'd like to reprint our articles or quotes, please credit as "Richard Fenton & Andrea Waltz's Dose of NOtivation http://www.goforno.com."

No comments:

Post a Comment